Arsenal vs Newcastle
Arsenal vs Liverpool – 18/01/2021 – will take place at Emirates Stadium. It’s clear that the Gunners are strong betting favorites to win this clash of the Matchday 19.
Obviously, Arsenal isn’t happy about their performance and ranking on the Premier League table so far. They are coming into this match after a 0-0 draw with Crystal Palace, so they want to give their best to improve their results. They’re ranked 11th with 27 points.
On the other hand, Newcastle is in the 15th position with 19 points. They have lost with the result of 0-2 in their last H2H game against Arsenal. They’re coming into this match after a loss in their previous match against Sheffield United, and will need to regain confidence.
Arsenal – Current Team State & Formation for the Match
Currently in Arsenal there are several injured players. Pablo Mari Villar (Calf Injury) is doubtful for the match due to tightness in his calf. Gabriel Martinelli might also come back for this match against Newcastle, but it is still uncertain according to his ankle injury. Kieran Tierney is out until further notice.
- Best scorers: Alexandre Lacazette (7); Bukayo Saka (3); Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (3);
- Penalty cards: Nicolas Pepe (x1 Red); Gabriel Magalhães (x1 Red, x1 Yellow); Granit Xhaka (x1 Red, x2 Yellow)
- Prediction for Arsenal starting lineup: Tierney, Mari Villar, Holding, Bellerin; Lacazette; Leno; Xhaka, Ceballos; Aubameyang, Smith-Rowe, Saka
Newcastle – Current Team State & Formation for the Match
Newcastle United, at the moment, have several players who are doubtful for this upcoming match due to their injuries: Jamal Lewis (Knock Injury), Jonjo Shelvey (Muscular Tightness), Federico Fernandez (Muscular Injury), Paul Dummett (Thigh Injury), and Jamaal Lascelles (Fatigue). Allan Saint-Maximin’s return date is still unknown.
- Best scorers: Callum Wilson (8); Jeff Hendrick (2)
- Penalty cards: Isaac Hayden (x6 Yellow); Jamal Lewis (x4 Yellow); Ryan Fraser (x1 Red)
- Prediction for Arsenal starting lineup: Longstaff, Hendrick, Hayden, Dummett; Fraser, Wilson; Darlow; Yedlin, Fernandez, Schär, Clark
Arsenal – Important Facts for the Match
- Arsenal is unbeaten in five straight games so far
- They’ve won 4 of their last 6 games, lost 1 match, while 1 match ended in a draw
- In their 3 games, Arsenal have scored 6 goals
- All together, they’ve got 27 yellow cards
- Arsenal have won against Newcastle in 5 straight matches
- They’re yet to keep clean sheets
- Arsenal won 2-0 against Newcastle on Saturday
Newcastle – Important Facts for the Match
- Newcastle are without an away win for the previous 3 league matches
- They’ve lost 5 of their last 6 games, while 1 match ended in a draw
- Newcastle have lost 3 straight games
- In total, they’ve got 32 yellow cards
- They’ve managed to score just 1 goal in their last 5 matches
- On the Premier League table they are 4 places below Arsenal
- Newcastle have lost their last 3 away league games
Last Matches Results
- 1st-Arsenal vs Newcastle: 2-0
- 2nd-Arsenal vs Newcastle: 4-0
- 3rd-Arsenal vs Newcastle: 1-0
- 4th-Arsenal vs Newcastle: 2-0
- 5th-Arsenal vs Newcastle: 2-1
According to their H2H history so far, and the current state of both teams, our prediction for this match is: Arsenal vs Newcastle: 2-0.