Liverpool vs Manchester United
Liverpool vs Manchester United – 17/01/2021 – will take place at Anfield Stadium. This derby on Matchday 19 is one of the most anticipated matches this season. Both teams are on the top of the Premier League table and are rushing for the title.
At the moment, Liverpool is 2nd on the table with 33 points. They have been unbeaten against Man United in their last 5 meetings, but are coming into this match without a win in 3 league games. Exactly 2 goals have been scored in their previous 3 league meetings with Man United.
The Reds are looking forward to regaining the winning thread and also trying to move 6 points clear of their opponents. Manchester United is 1st on the table with 36 points and are coming into the match after winning 5 of their previous 6 league matches.
Liverpool – Current Team State & Formation for the Match
In Liverpool, there are several injured players that will be absent from the field. Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez are both suffering a knee injury and they are currently recovering. Their return date is still unknown.
Diogo Jota and Konstantinos Tsimikas are also dealing with knee injuries, and they might come back on the 6th of February. Players who are still doubtful for the match against Man United on 17th of January are Joel Matip (Groin Injury) and Naby Keita.
- Best scorers: Mohamed Salah (13); Sadio Mane (6)
- Penalty cards: Roberto Firmino (x1 Yellow); Sadio Mane (x2 Yellow); Fabinho (x2 Yellow)
- Prediction for Liverpool starting lineup: Salah, Henderson, Firmino, Mane, Alisson, Thiago, Wijnaldum, Alexander-Arnold, Fabinho, Robertson, Milner
Manchester United – Current Team State & Formation for the Match
At the moment, injured players are: Victor Lindelof (Lower Back Injury), Anthony Martial (Thigh Injury), Nemanja Matic (Pelvic Injury), Phil Jones (Knee Injury), Facundo Pellistri Rebollo (Covid-19), Marcos Rojo (Heel Injury). Only Lindelof might come back on the field against Liverpool.
- Best scorers: Bruno Fernandes (11); Marcus Rashford (7)
- Penalty cards: Harry Maguire (x4 Yellow); Anthony Martial (x1 Red); Bruno Fernandes (x4 Yellow)
- Prediction for Manchester United starting lineup: Martial; De Gea; Fred, Matic; Mata, Pereira, Rashford; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Williams
Liverpool – Important Facts for the Match
- Liverpool have only lost one time in their previous 10 matches
- At home, they’ve been unbeaten in 4/4 matches so far
- In total, they’ve got 16 yellow cards
- They’ve scored in each of those 4 matches
- Last time, they’ve defeated Man United with the result 2:0
- Liverpool is without a loss in 3 Premier League matches
- They’ve lost their first league game of 2021
Manchester United – Important Facts for the Match
- Manchester United is unbeaten in their previous 4 away games
- In their previous 5 games they’ve featured 2 goals scored or less
- They only have 1 loss out of their 10 last matches so far
- All together, they have 28 yellow cards until now
- Manchester United have scored 10 goals in their 5 home games
- They have had only 77 shots in their previous 11 PL matches against Liverpool
- Man United haven’t won in 3 league games against Liverpool with Ole Gunnar Solskjær as manager
Last Matches Results
- 1st-Liverpool vs Manchester United: 2-0
- 2nd-Liverpool vs Manchester United: 1-1
- 3rd-Liverpool vs Manchester United 0-0
- 4th-Liverpool vs Manchester United: 3-1
- 5th-Liverpool vs Manchester United: 2-1
Conclusion Tip: Liverpool vs Manchester United
Manchester United hasn’t been able to win against Liverpool in the several, most recent, H2H matches. Although Man United do seem to play better in big games, Liverpool is playing their best. Our prediction for this match is: Liverpool vs Manchester United: 2-0.