Southampton vs Liverpool
Southampton vs Liverpool 04/01/2021 will take place at St Mary’s Stadium. In their last encounter in February 2020, Liverpool won with the result of 4-0. Since Liverpool is almost unbeatable this season, it is clear who is the absolute favorite for this match.
In order to keep their 1st place on the table, Liverpool will have to win all games over the festive period. According to their astonishing results this season, they’re already seen as the winners.
Southampton will have to put all their efforts into this match, since Liverpool is much stronger at the moment. It is unfortunate for them not to take any points in their previous game against Manchester City.
Southampton – Formation for the match
- Injured Players: Jannik Vestergaard (Knee Injury). His potential return is predicted to be on the 20th of January 2021; Nathan Redmond and Danny Ings are out in the next few matches according to their muscle injuries.
- Top Scorer: Danny Ings, 6 goals (4.61 xG)
- Prediction for Southampton starting lineup: McCarthy, Bertrand, Stephens, Bednarek, Walker-Peters, Djenepo, Romeu, Ward-Prowse, Walcott, Adams, Ings
Liverpool – Formation for the match
- Injured Players: Virgil van Dijk (Knee Injury); Joel Matip (Groin/Hip/Pelvic Injury); Joe Gomez (Knee Injury); Naby Keita (Muscle Injury); Diogo Jota, Konstantinos Tsimikas
- Top Scorer: Mohamed Salah, 13 goals (8.46 xG)
- Prediction for Liverpool starting lineup: Alisson, Robertson, Fabinho, Matip, Alexander-Arnold, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Jones, Mane, Firmino, Salah
Southampton – Most Important Facts for the Match
- Southampton is 9th on the Premier League table with 26 points
- They’ve won 2 of their last 6 matches, lost 1 match and 3 matches ended in a draw
- Southampton haven’t scored in their last 3 league games.
- This season, they’ve played 8, won 4, drawn 1 and lost 3 games.
- They’ve scored 13 goals (9.59 xGF) and have conceded 9 in 2020/21 season
- Southampton failed to score in their last 3 league matches
Liverpool – Most Important Facts for the Match
- Liverpool is on the top of the Premier League table with 32 points
- They’ve won 3 of their last 6 matches and 3 matches ended in a draw.
- In their away matches, Liverpool have played 7, won 2, drawn 4 and lost 1 this season
- Liverpool scored 16 goals (13.26 xGF) and have conceded 12 in away matches in 2020/21 season
- They’ve lost only 1 out of 14 games in this season so far
- Average goals scored per match this season: 2.47
Last Matches Results
- 1st-Southampton vs Liverpool 0:4
- 2nd-Southampton vs Liverpool 1:2
- 3rd-Southampton vs Liverpool 1:3
- 4th-Southampton vs Liverpool 0:3
- 5th-Southampton vs Liverpool 0:2
Conclusion Tip: Southampton vs Liverpool
- Our prediction is: Southampton vs Liverpool 1:4